Co-op America is celebrating its 25th anniversary.
In the Fall 2008 issue of Quarterly magazine, Co-op America offers an article on "25 Ways to Green the World."
"We've assembled, all in one place, our top, time-tested 25 ways you can use your economic power to advance the green economy," Co-op America tells its readers.
Check out the list below and select ideas that you haven't tried, and add them to your life.
- Live simply and use less.
- Get what you need without money.
- Connect with neighbors.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Buy green and local.
- Buy fair trade.
- Green your food choices.
- Put energy efficiency first.
- Advance green power.
- Stop dirty energy.
- Rethink your transportation.
- Protect the world's poor from climate change.
- Know what your purchases are funding.
- Stop sweatshops and child labor.
- Advance environmental justice.
- Support green jobs.
- Be wood wise.
- Choose least-toxic products; use precaution.
- Screen your investments.
- Invest in communities.
- Join shareholder actions.
- Give generously.
- Foster peace.
- Use your vote.
- Educate others.
Co-op America, an organization dedicated to creating a just and sustainable society by harnessing economic power for positive change, is changing its name to Green America. The change takes place Jan. 1, 2009.