Here’s my take on the most important consumer stories of the year:
- The sagging economy.
- The collapse of the stock market, major banks, and businesses.
- The end of the George W. Bush administration and its crippling of consumer, environmental, and energy regulations.
- The rise in the cost of food.
- The rise – and fall – of the cost of gas.
- The high rate of home foreclosures.
- The scandal of contaminated food and drugs from China.
- The tightening of consumer credit.
- The cost of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- The continued lack of health care insurance for millions of Americans.
Let me know your opinions.