My last post discussed the top stories of 2009 for baby boomers.
Many changes have taken place since 2000, so I thought I’d develop a list of the most important stories of the decade.
Here are my ideas on the top stories of the decade for boomers:
1. 9/11 attacks and increased surveillance measures.
2. The War in Afghanistan.
3. The War in Iraq.
4. The weakening of consumer and environmental laws and rules under the George W. Bush administration.
5. The collapse of the economy with the loss of 7.2 million jobs and the foreclosure of four million homes.
6. The $787 billion economic stimulus and the bank bailout package.
7. The election of President Barack Obama and changes in domestic and foreign policies.
8. Health care costs and efforts to adopt reforms.
9. The explosion in Internet use, including social networking and new technology such as the iPhone and SmartPhones.
10. The interest in green business, products, and technology and climate change.
Were these the most significant stories of the decade for you? What would you add to those listed? Which ones would you delete? Let me know by leaving your thoughts in the Comment section below.
Copyright 2010, Rita R. Robison, Consumer Specialist