By Rita R. Robison
I’m getting joy this week in working on a photo project with a friend. However, I’m grumpy about paying a big furnace bill because the power outage wrecked a part in my furnace.
My best experience: Making a photo book for a friend
I noticed Kits Camera is having a sale on 12-inch by 12-inch photo books.
For years, I’ve wanted to make one for a friend who designs exhibits. We’re working on the book together. It’s fun and brings back a lot of great memories.
My worst experience: A big furnace repair bill
Several days after a power outage due to a huge winter storm, I came home and smelled something like electrical wires burning. A while later, my smoke alarm came on and off twice.
I called the fire department, but the firemen couldn’t find a fire. However, we figured out that when the furnace came on, the smell occurred.
Fortunately, a repairman was able to come that evening. I paid an extra $75 for an overtime cost.
The entire bill was $610. The power outage burned out a part in the furnace.