By Rita R. Robison
The carnival is a collection of like-minded blogs cooperating to share their best stories of interest to the Baby Boomer Generation.
In this week’s carnival, boomer bloggers discuss:
- Why gray hair is attractive.
- How our relationships with our siblings ebb and flow.
- What kind of blueberries are the best.
- Why consumers with preexisting conditions need health insurance.
- Whether boomers should pin on Pinterest.
- The best, worst, and most ridiculous travel stories.
- How to avoid problems when buying a home security system.
Baby boomers, born between 1946 and 1964, are America’s largest age group so far, and a dynamic group they are.
Boomers are leading corporations, serving as governmental officials, heading up non-profits, worrying about retirement, and experiencing layoffs at a higher rate than younger workers. They’re also reinventing themselves in trying economic times, with some looking for their dream jobs to keep them happy in retirement.
At each stage in their lives, boomers have changed things. They’re continuing to make America different as they begin entering into their retirement years.
In addition to The Survive and Thrive Boomer Guide, members of the Blogging Boomer Carnival are: The Accidental Locavore, The Midlife Crisis Queen, Sightings From 60, Arabian Tales and Other Amazing Adventures, SoBabyBoomer, and Silver & Grace.