Labor Day is coming and we have to think about summer ending and school starting soon.
If shopping is one of your favorite Labor Day activies, the report, “Best Labor Day Sales” by WalletHub, a personal finance website, provides helpful information. And, if you’re like me and enjoy holiday information, its “Labor Day 2016 by the Numbers” report is interesting reading.
Highlights from the reports are:
- Tablets, dishwashers, and strollers – The best items to buy in September compared with the rest of the year.
- 5-plus million – The number of Americans who will travel 50 miles or more from home during the upcoming Labor Day weekend. It’s the fifth straight year travel volume has increased.
- $1.4 billion – Cost associated with Labor Day weekend travel congestion caused by infrastructure problems.
- 2 – Average number of vacation days taken by American workers in 2015. Twenty-three percent of workers earn no paid vacation time.
10 Best Labor Day deals
- Kenmore Built-In Dishwasher – 46.15 percent off
- Samsung Smart TV 55’’ - 50 percent off
- Celebrity Power Media Chair - 43.80 percent off
- Serta Coralee Queen Mattress - 66.88 percent off
- Lenovo Ideapad Laptop i3 Processor - 40 percent off
- Kenmore French Door Refrigerator - 42.50 percent off
- Lenovo Flex 4 14” 2-in-1 Laptop - 27.39 percent off
- Haier 4K Ultra HD TV 65’’ - 40 percent off
- NordicTrack E 7.0Z Elliptical - 40 percent off
- Rocker Recliners - 33.33 percent off