By Rita R. Robison
The most memorable sunsets I can recall were in Tacoma, Wash., Sacramento, and Florida. The one above is in Tacoma.
Sunrises? I’m an evening person, so I don’t have many photos of the sun coming up.
AARP, The Magazine, gives its opinion on the topic in the article “America’s Best Sunrises and Sunsets.” Its picks are:
- First sunrise: Cadillac Mountain, Maine
- Most secret sunset: Key West, Fla.
- Best city sunrise: Salt Lake City, Utah
- Reddest sunset: Grand Canyon, Ariz.
- Last sunset: Mauna Kea, Hawaii
- Sneakiest sunset: Yosemite Valley, Calif.
One of the best tips I have for taking photos of sunsets is to take lots of photos. The light keeps changing, and it’s hard to tell in the small digital camera window what the colors actually are.
For other suggestions, see the Digital Photography School’s “12 Tips for Photographing Stunning Sunsets.”