To celebrate Memorial Day, the unofficial start of the summer, many consumers will enjoy sunshine, parades, and barbeques.
However, some consumers will be out shopping on the holiday, looking for deals.
Often, Memorial Day weekend serves up some of the best sales since the start of the year, frequently featuring coupons that can be used on top of already-discounted items, said DealNews.com.
After looking in its past archives, DealNews.com offers the following information on this year’s Memorial Day deals:
- Memorial Day sales were slow to start this year, not starting until May 12.
- Consumers can expect to see clothing discounts of up to 80 percent off on average.
- Grills and other outdoor items aren't at their best prices yet so wait until mid- or late summer.
- Home goods, including tools and appliances, will be widely discounted.
- Consumers will see big bargains on name-brand TVs and touchscreen laptops.
- Memorial Day weekend isn’t the time to buy an Apple product, because the company's annual WWDC conference is just around the corner, with prices dropping after the conference.
For details on these potential bargains, see DealNews.com’s “What to Expect From Memorial Day Sales.”