The carnival is a collection of like-minded blogs cooperating to share their best stories of interest to the Baby Boomer Generation.
Topics on boomers’ minds this week are:
- How making ricotta ice cream is easier than making plain vanilla.
- How grandparents can build closer bonds across the generations.
- How to outsource your job search.
- What is free speech and what is hate speech.
- Travels in India.
- The latest high-tech scams.
- How making a list of what you’d do if the world were ending in three weeks is like a going through a midlife crisis on a deadline.
Boomers are leading corporations, serving as governmental
officials, heading up non-profits, worrying about retirement, and experiencing
layoffs at a higher rate than younger workers. They’re also reinventing
themselves in trying economic times, with some looking for their dream jobs to
keep them happy in retirement.
At each stage in their lives, boomers have changed things. They’re continuing to make America different as they begin entering into their retirement years.
In addition to The Survive and Thrive Boomer Guide, members of the Blogging Boomer Carnival are: The Accidental Locavore, The Midlife Crisis Queen, Sightings From 60, Arabian Tales and Other Amazing Adventures, So Baby Boomer, and Silver & Grace.