In Northern Colorado, where Laura lives, beautiful fall weather is replacing the heavy September rains.
Laura reports here’s what’s happening on the top boomer blogs this week:
- A boomer buys a smarting, joining 30 percent of boomers who are using smartphones compared to 50 percent of the rest of the population.
- A documentary, “Granny’s Got Game,” tells the story of women in their 70s who couldn’t play basketball when they were young, but who are playing it now.
- How non-medical home care allows many older adults to customized one-on-one care at home.
- Which cities in America are the fittest for boomers.
- Thanksgiving and the first day of Hanukkah, the eight-day Jewish festival of lights that usually begins close to Christmas, fall on the same date in 2013: Nov. 28th.
- How the federal government shutdown is handicapping those who need government assistance now.
In addition to my blog and Laura’s, other members of the Best of Boomer Blogs are: Sightings Over Sixty, Modern Senior, The Generation Above Me, and So Baby Boomer.
Be sure to stop by next week to see what boomer bloggers are writing about.