Where will these travelers be headed?
To find out, I reviewed more than three dozen websites to determine what the top Memorial Day destinations are this year. My findings, with a brief description on why these 10 cities are hot for the holiday, are:
1. Washington, D.C. – History, a parade, concerts.
2. Las Vegas – Parties, shows, gambling.
3. Chicago – Art, architecture, a parade, fireworks, museums, history, food.
4. San Francisco – Military remembrances and sites, music, art, a carnival, walking tours, food.
5. New York City – Concerts, films, art, a parade, history, food.