October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Early this month, the BCF launched a breast cancer prevention campaign. It urges women to:
- Eat and live better by eating fresh organic food, hormone-free meat and dairy, and non-toxic seafood.
- Protect their family from toxic chemicals in plastics, cookware, toys, baby bottles, and child cups.
- Create a healthy home by choosing or making less toxic cleaning products.
- Make informed health care choices about treatments such as radiation exposures and prescription drugs.
- Protect themselves and the environment by evaluating sunscreens, avoiding dry cleaning, stopping the use of antibacterial products, and quitting smoking.
See the BDF’s “Which Chemicals Are Linked to Breast Cancer?” for more information.