I love to travel, especially to Europe. How about you?
Baby Boomers will be traveling more in 2015, and they plan to take an average of four to five trips.
Older Generation Xers, those age 45 to 49, also plan to take four to trips in 2015.
These projections are from an AARP survey on boomer travel.
Other findings from the survey include:
- More than half of boomers will travel within the United States; four in 10 plan to travel both domestically and internationally; and few, 3 percent, expect to travel abroad only.
- The top motivators for personal travel are:
- 57 percent – To get away from normal, everyday life.
- 55 percent – To spend time with family and friends.
- 54 percent – To relax and rejuvenate.
An online travel survey was conducted by AARP in October 2014 with 1,137 males and females, age 45-plus responding. The respondents had taken at least one trip 50 miles or more away from home, with a two-night stay, in the past two years. They were also identified as planning to travel for personal reasons.
Consumers 50-plus spend $120 Billion every year in leisure travel, according to AARP.