Last year, these two young guys came to my door, one of my last groups of trick-or-treaters.
I didn’t get the costume on the left at the time. Maybe it’s a jihadist, a costume I found on one of the dozen or so lists of the worst Halloween costumes this year.
Here are my top picks for the 10 worst adult costumes for 2010:
- Crouch-oriented costumes for men
- Scanty Indian, detective, pizza delivery person, clown, taxi driver, real estate, and firefighter costumes for women.
- Lady Gaga meat dress
- Sexy couple costumes, such as the bun in the oven, Adam and Eve, and the plug and socket
- A giant baby, Raggedy Ann and Andy, Sponge Bob, or Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street
- Austin Powers
- Ball and chain
- Scantily clad Star Wars characters other than Princess Lela
- Sexy working girl costumes
For photos of these costumes, see the following posts:
“The Worst Halloween Costumes – 2010” – Chicago NOW
“10 Worst Halloween Costume Ideas” – Phoenix New Times
“The Horror, the Horror: 10 Worst Halloween Costumes for Couples” – Blisstree
“13 Halloween Costumes That Have No Business Being ‘Sexy’” – The Huffington Post
“The 15 Most Ridiculous ‘Sexy” Halloween Costumes” – The Huffington Post
For kids, remember to choose age-appropriate costumes. See Mom Finds for a list of “The Top 10 Worst Halloween Costumes for Kids.
Copyright 2010, Rita R. Robison, Consumer Specialist