Did toxic cleaning chemicals kill one, sicken 10 others at Georgia McDonalds?
September 09, 2011
By Rita R. Robison
Toxic fumes in the bathroom at a Pooler, Ga., McDonalds may have been responsible for the death of an 80-year-old woman and sending 10 others to the hospital, according to investigators.
No cause has been confirmed, but emergency responders have theorized that a toxic mix of cleaning chemicals might be to blame, the website Newstype.com said.
For years, I’ve been concerned about the harsh chemicals used to clean public restrooms. When you look in many of the cleaning closets, you see large vats of chemicals in a row at eye-level with tubes for dispensing them.
Recently, I wrote about the importance of consumers doing research about toxic chemicals and learning as much about their use in consumer products so you can eliminate as many of them as you can from your home.
The Washington Toxics Coalition two helpful web pages on cleaners:
Cleaning Products – Why Be Concerned?
Take a look at this information to reduce the chemical exposures to you and your children and grandchildren.
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.