By Rita R. Robison
It was fun yesterday to go to the awards luncheon for the Washington Press Association.
I received the following awards:
- First Place for Consumer Affairs – “FDA Misses the Mark on New Sunscreen Requirements”
- Second Place for Consumer Affairs – “FDA Action on Sunscreen Too Little, Too Late”
- Second Place for Sports – “Super Bowl 2011: Another Round of Violent, Sexist, and Ageist Ads”
- Second Place for Food – “What’s a Gluten-Free Diet?”
- Second Place for Agriculture/Environment – “Ways to Help the Planet on Earth Day”
That’s me in the photo with John Lesow, a WPA member and Bellingham writer, who helped present the awards.
I enjoyed visiting with my journalist colleagues. It was interesting to learn about their work and tell people how much I enjoy blogging about baby boomer consumer issues.