Smartphones, sports, home care, fitness, and the government shutdown are the topics for this week’s Best of Boomer Blogs
October 07, 2013
Laura Lee Carter of the Midlife Crisis Queen is the host for this week’s Best of Boomer Blog #328.The boomer blog roundup is a collection of like-minded blogs cooperating to share their best stories of interest to the Baby Boomer Generation.
In Northern Colorado, where Laura lives, beautiful fall weather is replacing the heavy September rains.
Laura reports here’s what’s happening on the top boomer blogs this week:
- A boomer buys a smarting, joining 30 percent of boomers who are using smartphones compared to 50 percent of the rest of the population.
- A documentary, “Granny’s Got Game,” tells the story of women in their 70s who couldn’t play basketball when they were young, but who are playing it now.
- How non-medical home care allows many older adults to customized one-on-one care at home.
- Which cities in America are the fittest for boomers.
- Thanksgiving and the first day of Hanukkah, the eight-day Jewish festival of lights that usually begins close to Christmas, fall on the same date in 2013: Nov. 28th.
- How the federal government shutdown is handicapping those who need government assistance now.
In addition to my blog and Laura’s, other members of the Best of Boomer Blogs are: Sightings Over Sixty, Modern Senior, The Generation Above Me, and So Baby Boomer.
Be sure to stop by next week to see what boomer bloggers are writing about.
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.