Smartphones, sports, home care, fitness, and the government shutdown are the topics for this week’s Best of Boomer Blogs
FDA issues warning about IV antibiotic tigecycline

Today’s consumer tip: Don’t put flammable items on the top of the stove

Recently, I met a woman who put her fanny pack on the stove and left the kitchen. Somehow, the burner was accidentally turned on. The result? A big kitchen fire.

It’s been a good reminder to me. When I’m done using paper towels or napkins, they go right in the compost. Boxes of crackers and other flammable items are placed far from the stovetop.

Remember, it’s better to be safe than sorry.

Copyright 2013, Rita R. Robison, Consumer Specialist

Comments

Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

Verify your Comment

Previewing your Comment

This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.

Working...
Your comment could not be posted. Error type:
Your comment has been posted. Post another comment

The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.

As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.

Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.

Working...

Post a comment

Your Information

(Name and email address are required. Email address will not be displayed with the comment.)