As with other major holidays, you can find lots of bargains – but you need to know what to look for.
To pick the best deals, you'll want to avoid buying any summer items, recommends DealNews.com. Though it may seem tempting, BBQ grills, patio furniture, and summer apparel should remain off limits because you'll be paying a premium for these items, which will see their lowest prices at the end of the summer.
- Clothing deals are great, but don't shop without a coupon.
- You can increase your savings by looking for coupons for items other on clothing, such as coupons for appliances, beauty items, and furniture.
- Sitewide sales on tech items will be everywhere, but wait until back-to-school sales for laptops and the end of the year sales for TVs.
- It’s a great time to book travel.
- May is one of the best months for buying a new mattress.
See the article, “What to Expect From Memorial Day Sales,” for more information.
I hope these tips will be helpful if you plan to shop. And, enjoy your Memorial Day holiday.