Back-to-school season spending is expected to reach nearly $84 billion this year, said WalletHub, a personal-finance website, in its report on 2017's Best Back-to-School Sales and Deals.
WalletHub tracked various item categories for a year to identify the most heavily discounted merchandise in August compared with the rest of the year. One category stood out: cell phones. Parents who need a way to keep in touch with their kids should shop for cell phones this month.
10 best back-to-school deals
- Fitted cotton jacket (9-12) – 43 percent off
- HP Pavilion 27" Curved Display TV – 35 percent off
- ALEX desk – 28 percent off
- Kenmore gas range – 42 percent off
- Canon EOS Rebel T6i bundle – 29 percent off
- High Sierra backpacks – 50 percent off
- Slipback convertible sofa – 67 percent off
- Dell Inspiron 15.6” laptop – 31 percent off
- Kenmore dryer and washer bundle – 45 percent off
- HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer – 44 percent off
See Wallethub’s report for details.