The hairdryer and power cord can overheat and catch on fire, posing fire, burn, and electrical shock hazards.
The company has received 193 reports of the hair dryers or power cords overheating, melting, exploding, or catching fire, including 18 reports of burns and two reports of a minor electrical shock. Four of the reported burn incidents resulted in a blister to the hand, wrist, or finger. One consumer reported a severe burn.
This recall involves the Allure and Allure Pro 2200W ionic ceramic hair dryers. The hand-held hair dryers are black or white and include a concentrator nozzle. The hairdryers were sold separately or as part of various hair care kits that included hair treatment products, a flat iron, or a diffuser. Many of the units have a label located underneath the back of the unit bearing the following SKU numbers: XTV010001, XTV010001N, XTV010002, or XTV010002N. All units have “xtava” imprinted on the blower end of the hairdryer.
The hairdryers were sold online at Amazon.com, eBay.com, Walmart.com, Xtava.com, Groupon.com, and other websites from October 2014 through August 2018. The cost was between $15 and $60 when sold separately, and for between $20 and $80 when sold as part of a haircare kit.
Consumers should immediately stop using the hairdryers and contact Xtava to receive a free replacement hairdryer, the company and U.S. Consumer Safety Commission advise.
For more information, call Xtava at 877-643-8440 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, visit www.xtava.com and click on “Product Recalls,” or see https://recall-xtava-allure.expertinquiry.com.