Tom Sightings of Sightings Over Sixty hates Thanksgiving. Not a football fan, Sightings says all you do is sit around, overeat, and watch football. Often you have to withstand the perils and pitfalls of traveling on some of the busiest days of the year, fighting traffic, airport lines, and surly crowds, he says. In addition, Sightings doesn’t like shopping.
But the Thanksgiving curmudgeon loves Christmas.
Sightings offer a report on how his boomer blogger buddies are getting ready for the holidays. They’re writing about:
- Gratitude quotes and why they matter.
- Why looking within may be the best way to get out of something such as loneliness during the holidays.
- The upside and downside of air travel.
- Top stores for Cyber Monday shopping.
- Where the term Black Friday came from.
- The best events in the Los Angeles area for the holidays.
- How you can learn to laugh at trouble.
Sightings reports on these articles on the Best of Boomer Blogs #574. Click here to find the links to the articles. And be sure and join in the conversations. Boomer bloggers love to hear from readers.