Top 100 most frequently asked questions
May 30, 2019
Recently, when I visited Madrid, my granddaughter called her mom and asked her if the dishes in the dishwasher were clean or dirty. I laughed, but then I thought that the question must be one of the most popular questions ever that is asked over and over and over again.
We began brainstorming and came up with 99 additional questions that must be asked hundreds of times a day in America and throughout the world.
The most frequently asked questions are:
- How are you?
- How’s your family?
- What’s new?
- Do you know ____________?
- Is this seat taken?
- What would you like to drink?
- Would you like cream or sugar (in your coffee)?
- Who won the game?
- Do you remember ________________ (a person from the past)?
- Who will be there?
- What do you do (for work)?
- Are you dating anyone?
- Where are you from?
- Can I buy you a drink?
- What’s your phone number?
- Would you like to have coffee?
- What’s your favorite song?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- Who’s your favorite star?
- When’s your birthday?
- What would you like to do?
- Do you want to come in for coffee (after a date)?
- Have you been tested for STDs?
- Do you have a condom?
- What are your hobbies?
- Where did you go to school?
- Will you marry me?
- Where would you like to live?
- Who was that?
- Where are you going to go to college?
- What are you going to major in?
- What do you want to do (for a career)?
- Have you read _______________ (a book)?
- Who said __________(quote)?
- Where are you going?
- Can you come to the party?
- Is she (or he) your friend?
- Do you work here?
- How much will I be paid for the job?
- When's the meeting?
- Where's the meeting?
- Is the boss in a bad mood?
- What's he (or she) like to work for?
- How was work?
- Will you take out the garbage?
- Did you take out the garbage?
- How was school?
- When are you going to clean up your bedroom?
- Where have you been?
- Why were you late?
- Do you know what time it is?
- Are you ready?
- What would you like for dinner?
- What time is dinner?
- Is a minute (or two minutes) in the microwave enough?
- Would you like a sandwich?
- Is this too old (to eat)?
- Who’s coming to dinner?
- When will the repairman be here?
- Are we out of toilet paper?
- Where are my _______________ (shorts, dress, shoes or other items)?
- What’s on TV?
- Did you let the dog (or cat) out?
- Did you mow the lawn?
- Do you remember when we _____________ (took a trip or did an activity)?
- Is it broken (object or body part)?
- Are we there yet?
- How far is it to ______________ (place or town)?
- Is that a _______________ (brand name)?
- Where did you get that _____________ (shirt, dress, or shoes)?
- How much does it cost?
- Does this make me look fat?
- Do you like this?
- Does this look good on me?
- Did you get a haircut?
- Will you pick up my suit from the dry cleaners?
- Can I speak to your supervisor?
- Where are my keys?
- Where are my glasses?
- Where’s my cell phone?
- Where did I park my car?
- Is that a parking spot?
- What’s the weather?
- Do I need a coat?
- Do I need an umbrella?
- Have you voted?
- Is the plane on time?
- Can you recommend a restaurant?
- Do you have any vacancies?
- Do you mind if I smoke?
- Have you met the new neighbors?
- How are the schools (in that neighborhood or city)?
- What’s that bulldozer doing down the street?
- What’s the population of _______________ (city, town, or country)?
- Why are you giving me a ticket, officer?
- Can I see your new car?
- Would you call me an Uber?
- How many likes did I get?
- Am I oversharing?
That’s my list. Did I miss any?
Posted by: Karen W | May 30, 2019 at 06:29 AM
Love that you included numbers 99 and 100!
Posted by: Jennifer | June 03, 2019 at 03:02 AM
It was a fun post to write. My daughter looked it over with me when I finished it and made a few suggestions.
Posted by: Rita | June 03, 2019 at 09:03 AM