Consumers are very interested in finding the best airline frequent flyer program. Most are willing to switch to another airline for the slightest discount. About 10 percent of flights are paid for with points or miles. So, consumers receive value in committing to an airline. They just need to find the right one.
WalletHub, a personal finance website, compared the 10 largest domestic airlines’ rewards programs for 23 key items, ranging from the value of a rewards point or mile to blackout-date policies.
Here are the best frequent flyer programs:
- Delta Air Lines - SkyMiles
- United Airlines - MileagePlus
- Alaska Airlines - Mileage Plan
- Southwest Airlines - Rapid Rewards
- JetBlue Airways - TrueBlue