On Friday, I advised readers to have a barbecue with people in their household for Memorial Day and skip going out to a restaurant or to the beach.
I took my own advice and had a quiet holiday. Since I’m home so much and didn’t get to go to Madrid and visit my daughter and her family in Madrid for the month of May, I’ve spend a lot of time in my yard. I’ve arranged dozens of bouquets, a first. See my Memorial Day arrangement on the above.
I have 40 rhododendrons and about 10 azaleas in my yard. When I moved into my house, they were small bushes. Now, they’re huge. Thank goodness I met a forester who is helping me prune them. I can’t imagine why the previous owners bought 50 plants. I wonder if there was a big sale.
Meanwhile, boomer bloggers are writing about:
- How to have your 40th anniversary on the back porch with French take-out during the coronavirus pandemic.
- How to celebrate Memorial Day safely in this year.
- A holiday weekend in a beach town in New Jersey.
- How to make our new world even more beautiful than the old.
- Whether reopening is more of a political issue or personal choice.
- What to do with your vision board in the time of the pandemic.
Rebecca Olkowski of BabyBoomster writes about these articles in the Best of Boomer Blogs #651. Click here to get the links to the articles. And, be sure to join in the conversations. Boomer bloggers enjoy hearing from readers.