One of the recommendations? Cancel Thanksgiving plans.
What Thanksgiving plans? I don’t have any. l knew I couldn’t go to Madrid to visit my daughter Lisa and her family there. I’ve been going there for Thanksgiving and Christmas for the last 10 years.
I didn’t think about going to Sacramento to see my daughter Mona either, although Lisa tried to figure out a safe way to do it. I always thought it wouldn’t be wise to take the risk: flying or driving and staying overnight somewhere.
Then, why risk getting together with friends? I’m mostly staying home, while some of my friends are going grocery shopping frequently and even eating out.
The photo, taken in Madrid, is from 2019.
Meanwhile, here’s what my blogging friends are writing about:
- Whether women or men are better at keeping secrets.
- What to do in your 59th year before turning 60.
- Regrets and resilience as two sides of the same coin, but only one supports a full life.
- Whether a warning statement should be included on alcoholic beverages to increase consumer awareness of the link between alcohol and cancer.
- How to fight off the flu.
- A hilarious historical happening at the Four Seasons Landscaping Co.
- Why “The Great British Bake-Off” is a fascinating and successful phenomenon.
Meryl Baer of Beach Boomer Bulletin writes about these articles in the Best of Boomer Blogs #675. Click here to get the links to the articles. And be sure to join in the conversations. Bloggers love to hear from readers.