- Extending eviction and foreclosure moratoriums. The moratorium for evictions will be extended until at least March 31.
- Extending the existing pause on student loan payments and interest for Americans with federal student loans until at least Sept. 30.
- Enacting new ethics rules for government officials. The rules will require executive branch appointees to sign an ethics pledge, barring them from acting in their personal interest.
- Reversing “regulatory process executive orders” enacted by the Trump administration. It directs the Office of Management and Budget director to develop recommendations to modernize regulatory review and reverses Trump’s regulatory approval process.
- Creating the position of covid-19 response coordinator and restoring the Directorate for Global Health Security and Biodefense, a team in charge of the pandemic response, within the National Security Council.
That’s a good start for President Biden’s first day. I hope more good work for consumers is to follow.