What are your plans for the Fourth? A barbecue with family and friends? A hike? A movie? A parade? Fireworks?
Here’s what Americans are up on Independence Day this year:
- $7.5 billion: Amount Americans plan to spend on Fourth of July food.
- 150 million: Number of hot dogs eaten each Fourth of July.
- $1.4+ billion: Amount Americans plan to spend on Fourth of July beer and wine.
- $1.5-plus billion: Estimated amount spent on fireworks in 2020; 73 percent of fireworks injuries occur within a month of July 4.
- 48 million: Number of people who travel 50-plus miles from home for the 4th of July.
Have a great celebration. I hope the weather’s good where you are. Here in the Pacific Northwest, it’s 65 degrees with a high of 78 degrees predicted. It’s so nice to be back to our normal weather after the heat wave.