Happy Fourth of July
July 04, 2021
What are your plans for the Fourth? A barbecue with family and friends? A hike? A movie? A parade? Fireworks?
Here’s what Americans are up on Independence Day this year:
- $7.5 billion: Amount Americans plan to spend on Fourth of July food.
- 150 million: Number of hot dogs eaten each Fourth of July.
- $1.4+ billion: Amount Americans plan to spend on Fourth of July beer and wine.
- $1.5-plus billion: Estimated amount spent on fireworks in 2020; 73 percent of fireworks injuries occur within a month of July 4.
- 48 million: Number of people who travel 50-plus miles from home for the 4th of July.
Have a great celebration. I hope the weather’s good where you are. Here in the Pacific Northwest, it’s 65 degrees with a high of 78 degrees predicted. It’s so nice to be back to our normal weather after the heat wave.
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.