Are you ready for winter storms?
December 26, 2021
In the Seattle area, we mostly have rain storms. However, Saturday – Christmas Day – it started snowing. It snowed and stopped, snowed and stopped, and on and on.
Monday, it looked like this:
My house is warm and the only problem would be if the power goes out. I’m working on getting my clothes ready in case I need to go to a motel.
Here’s information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on what you need to do on how to be ready for winter weather:
I’m prepared with:
- Warm clothes to wear when I need to go outside.
- New snow tires for winter weather.
- Antifreeze in my car recently checked for winter weather.
- Full tank of gas.
- An emergency kit in the car.
- A new smoke detector just installed.
- Two weeks’ supply of food on hand.
Wish me luck. The weather is expected to warm up and begin melting the snow on Thursday.
If you’re not prepared for winter storms, now is the time to do it.
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.