Stackable chargers are being recalled by Hyper Products due to fire risk
October 03, 2022
It’s important to keep up with recalls.
In the 1970s before the internet, I received notifications on recalled products in the mail from the Consumer Product Safety Commission because I was a newspaper consumer columnist.
My former husband had purchased a shop light. When I received a notice about a recalled shop light that had killed people, I looked in the garage. Sure enough, it was the faulty one.
In looking through the recalls issued last week, the one with the most products recalled is the HyperJuice Stackable GaN USB-C Charger. About 18,200 of the chargers were sold in the United States, 54 were sold in Canada, and about four were sold in Mexico.
The chargers can overheat, posing a fire risk to consumers. Hyper Products has received seven reports of the charger overheating resulting in damage to the charging units. No injuries have been reported.
For details on which chargers are being recalled, click here.
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled HyperJuice Stackable GaN USB-C Chargers, the company and U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission advise. They can contact Hyper Products for a store credit at www.Hypershop.com for the amount of the purchase price for the 65W and the 100W chargers.
For more information and to register, call Hyper Products at 866-203-5570 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday or visit https://www.hyperjuicerecall.expertinquiry.com or www.hypershop.com and click on “Recalls” at the bottom of the page.
For details on other recalls, see www.recalls.gov.
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.