About a decade ago, I bought an impulse item – a container of raspberries – at my local food co-op. I got lucky and the container of plants turned into a raspberry patch. For many years, I’ve gotten 20 or more pints of raspberries every season. Here’s my method for freezing raspberries:
The Consumer Product Safety Commission is warning consumers about the risk of battery fires with King Song electric unicycles. It urges consumers to stop using the unicycles with model number KS-16S immediately and dispose of them at a recycling facility or household hazardous waste collection point.
One thing I’ve noticed about being an older adult is that you lose friends and relatives, and the older you get, the more often people your age pass away. Last week, my former husband died. At the left is our wedding photo. Divorced in 1986, we were married for 23 years and had two daughters.
SunVilla Corp. is recalling about 400,000 10-foot Solar LED Market umbrellas in the United States and about 33,000 in Canada. The lithium-ion batteries in the umbrella’s solar panels can overheat, posing fire and burn hazards. The firm has received six reports of the lithium-ion batteries overheating.
In 2022 so far, 194 off-highway-vehicle or OHV deaths have occurred, according to the Consumer Federation of America. OHVs are all-terrain vehicles or ATVs, recreational off-highway vehicles or ROVs, and utility task vehicles or UTVs.
Well, we still have a lot of freedoms in America, even though the Right is making victories in taking them away. Eighty-four percent of Americans plan to celebrate the 4th of July this year, according to a survey prepared for the National Retail Federation.
ShelterLogic Group is recalling about 786,000 RIO-branded swinging hammock chairs. Improper insertion of the pins provided for assembly can cause the chair’s legs to collapse, posing an injury risk to the user. ShelterLogic Group has received 24 reports of incidents that resulted in injuries.
With the arrival of summer, consumers are headed to the nearest swimming pools and beaches, and they’re firing up grills for picnics and barbecues. The CPSC is urging people to be vigilant about safety as they return to summer activities. It encourages people to prevent injuries before they happen.
Over the years, I’ve written many times about kids getting their hands blown off from fireworks. It’s already happened in my state this year. A 14-year-old lost his left hand and injured his other hand while reportedly playing with fireworks in Federal Way, Washington. A firework had blown up in the teen’s hand.
Sienhua Group is recalling about 580,000 WarmWave and Hunter oscillating ceramic tower heaters in the United States and about 37,580 in Canada. The ceramic tower heater’s cord and plug can overheat when in use, posing fire and burn risks. The firm has received eight customer reports of fire at the plug or cord.