Recalls Feed

Snorkels sold at Costco are being recalled due to drowning hazard

Huish Outdoors is recalling about 76,000 Oceanic Adult Dry Top Snorkels.The bottom purge valve on the recalled snorkels can leak, allowing unexpected water entry, posing a drowning hazard. Oceanic has received 13 reports of the snorkels leaking. One injury has been reported. Read more →


Shower benches sold at Costco recalled because they may break unexpectedly

About 70,000 teak shower benches in the United States and about 11,317 in Canada are being recalled. The shower bench can collapse during use, posing a fall hazard to the user. Consumers have reported 81 incidents of the shower benches collapsing, breaking during use, or falling apart. Read more →


3.3 million Boppy infant cushions are being recalled after 8 deaths

Following reports of eight infant deaths associated with the Boppy Company’s lounger cushions, 3.3 million of the loungers are being recalled. The infants suffocated after being placed on their back, side, or stomach on the lounger and were found on their side or on their stomach. Read more →


Dog bowls are being recalled by PetSmart due to risk of cuts and scratches

PetSmart is recalling about 100,300 Top Paw Double Diner dog bowls. The gasket on the bottom of the dog bowls can come off, leaving an unfinished edge, posing a risk of cuts and scratches. PetSmart has received three reports of cuts and scratches to consumers’ hands. Read more →


Dollar General is recalling sling lounges due to amputation, laceration, and pinching hazard

Dollar General is recalling about 155,000 True Living Sling Loungers. The recalled loungers can collapse unexpectedly, posing an amputation, laceration, and pinching hazard if a finger gets caught in the metal folding joints. Read more →


10 million magnets recalled after a child’s death and children’s bowel surgeries

Zen Magnets and Neoballs Magnets are recalling about 10 million magnets, sold individually and in magnet sets. When two or more high-powered magnets are swallowed, the ingested magnets can attract to each other, or to another metal object, and become lodged in the digestive system. Read more →